Texas Car Accident Head and Brain Injuries: What You Need To Know About Getting Compensation
by PalmaLaw | August 1st, 2023 | Personal Injury
The injuries faced by car accident victims can range from a few months of soreness to a lifetime of pain. No matter how minor or severe your injury, if you were harmed in an Edinburg car wreck, you deserve the right to seek any compensation you may be owed for the damages you have suffered.
One of the most devastating kinds of injuries a car accident victim can face is a head injury. If you’ve suffered an Edinburg brain injury, keep reading to learn about getting compensation with help from an Edinburg car wreck lawyer.
Common Car Accident Head Injuries
While head and brain injuries can be mild, they have the potential to be incredibly serious and even life-threatening. Below, you can read about a few of the most common car accident head injuries:
- Concussions — caused by a blow to the head, concussions can result in long-term health effects
- Brain Contusions — bruising to the brain, contusions may heal on their own or cause serious health problems
- Skull Fracture — usually accompanied by other injuries, skull fractures may be mild or severe, potentially leading to brain damage
- Coup-Contrecoup — meaning the impacted side and the opposite side, coup-contrecoup injuries affect both sides of the brain and occur when the brain suddenly moves within the skull
- Penetration — caused by things like glass, debris, and outside objects, penetration injuries are incredibly serious and life-threatening
- Secondary Brain Injuries — also called acquired brain injuries, secondary brain injuries are the result of other injuries, like blood loss, throat injuries, and chest and lung damage
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries (DAI) — a severe form of concussion, DAIs are usually caused by strong rotation of the head
What Compensation Is Available for Texas Head Injuries
If your Edinburg brain injury was caused by someone else, an experienced car wreck attorney can help you seek financial compensation for the suffering you’ve faced and the expenses you’ve acquired. Depending on the type and severity of your brain injury, you may be eligible for compensation for some or all of the following damages:
- Medical bills
- Reduced earning power
- Lost wages
- Reduced quality of life
- Lost relationships
- Pain and suffering
- Future medical expenses
While the amount of compensation available for each injury will vary from case to case, concussion claims usually result in payouts of around $20,000 up to $200,000. Skull fracture settlements generally reach more than $100,000, and settlements for traumatic brain injuries in general fall at around $700,000 to $1.2 million.
An Edinburg Brain Injury Attorney You Can Trust: Palma Law
An Edinburg brain injury can leave you with symptoms that last the rest of your life. If your accident was caused by someone else, you deserve compensation for that suffering.
If you’ve been injured in an Edinburg car accident, reach out to the Edinburg car wreck attorneys at Palma Law for help defending your rights to financial relief.